Friday 7 October 2011

The exciting world of Mechanical Engineering came back to haunt me like Marley's ghost (there is a joke in there when it comes to plastics which I will ignore).  At a Meetup for expats and those new in town I met a lot of people, fifty percent being French with the balance being various nationalities including quite a few Irish.  Great evening chatting to everyone.  This being France all conversation ended up in English. I digress.

One young lady admitted to being in PR & marketing which is not that unusual or unexpected except for the fact she had been involved in CAD application with her latest project being in BIMs (Building Information Modelling) - a subject I know very well so can bore anyone rigid at the drop of a hat.  If you are in no way connected with Mechanical Engineering you will not know a company called Victaulic with whom I had dealings endeavouring to get their information to support 5D BIMa while back. Are you asleep yet?  Well, she is doing the PR/marketing for Victaulic in France & Germany.  There is nothing more to this story except it is a heck of a coincidence, boring, but a coincidence all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment